Sharing personal interests with the world in the hopes of generating widespread interest is the goal of social bookmarking submissions. When a person is able to direct this interest to a website, social bookmarking becomes truly beneficial.
Social bookmarking is a simple and effective method for improving a website’s SEO. It not only increases a website’s traffic but also helps the content to go viral and gain excellent backlinks from authoritative sites.
What is Social Bookmarking?
The technique of tagging a web page with a browser-based tool so that one can simply visit it again later is known as social bookmarking. Social media postings can be bookmarked using other platforms’ features instead of saving them to the browser favorites. Because the bookmarks are stored online, they can be accessed from any computer and mobile device with an active internet connection.
Social bookmarking submission sites originated as simple resources for content and social media marketers. They’ve evolved into vibrant online communities where users discuss connections and form groups that shared common interests.
Is Social Bookmarking really “social”?
Social bookmarking, unlike traditional bookmarking, saves web pages to the web instead of the browser. This allows the user as well as others to browse pages anywhere anytime.
It utilises tagging in the same way that Twitter does with hashtags. The user alongwith other visitors can find a specific web page with a term by using the right tags for the bookmarked websites. A user can basically submit any link they want for future usage.
Because it promotes social interaction, Social Bookmarking is dubbed “Social.” Here’s how:
- It is possible to view the pages that other people have bookmarked.
- It allows you to socially bookmark the web pages, which means that other people can see what you’ve saved.
- Anybody who is interested can click on other people’s links.
- Anyone can initiate or engage in a “contextual” debate regarding the link or its content (depending on the social submission site).
How does social bookmarking work?
The discussion topics are divided into individual rooms or threads on social bookmarking submission sites, where users can follow anything that interests them. When a visitor follows a bookmarked piece of content, the user who bookmarked the link gets notified when new information is published to their personal feed.
The starting point for discussions and knowledge-sharing on social bookmarking sites is what is called as ‘links.’ As a result, social media platforms are a great place to get social media ideas, build backlinks, and network with potential customers influencers.
Some popular social bookmarking submission sites
- Mix (previously StumbleUpon)
- Scoop It
Why Social Bookmarking should be a part of SEO strategy?
Social bookmarking is a brilliant approach to make content curating easier and accelerate social media growth. Individuals, bloggers, content creators, organisations, and business leaders can use social bookmarking sites to identify which topics are the most popular, recent, trending, or related to a given topic.
Because it contributes to the creation of valuable backlinks for a website, social bookmarking is an efficient off-page SEO approach. Various search engines, including Google, consider these backlinks to be of high quality.
The website URLs must be submitted to the social bookmarking platforms when using social bookmarking to improve SEO. This will provide backlinks and traffic to the website, resulting in a higher SEO ranking on the search engine result pages.
However, it is recommended that the website’s DA (domain authority) and PA (page authority) should be checked in order to gain high-quality backlinks. Backlinks with a high PA and DA will be of good quality.
Benefits of Social Bookmark Submission
- Increased website traffic: It helps you receive a lot of free website traffic because bookmarking sites are viewed by hundreds of people every day. If these visitors like the content, they will click on the link and visit the website for reading more.
- Good quality backlinks: Since most social bookmarking services allow webmasters to establish backlinks for their sites, it enables the generation of long-term and high-quality backlinks that also improves Google page ranking.
- Faster Indexing: Search engines commonly visit social bookmarking sites since they have new and useful content. As a result, if your article is useful and shareable, the search engine will swiftly index your link.
Social bookmark submission is a powerful SEO method for gaining link juice from a variety of websites. It also allows sharing the web pages or links that you admire on Social Bookmarking sites, making them conveniently accessible to both you and other users (from any location and system). It attracts high-quality backlinks to the linked website, resulting in increased traffic. Increased traffic will help the linked website rank higher on search engine results pages.